Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Picture Pandemonium

We've been trying to get a picture with all of the grandkids for my mom since before Christmas. She bought some really cute outfits for all of the kids for a Christmas picture. We decided to wait since Madeline was born right before Christmas and she needed some time to grow a bit before her first studio session.

We scheduled a session last Tuesday, but had to cancel it at the last minute due to impending tornadoes in the Dallas area (there were 3 later on that evening). So we rescheduled it for last night.

Everything started off okay except JD really didn't want to sit still. He loves playing when his cousins are around, so it didn't make sense to him to sit or lay still for any reason.

But then poor Marin lost it. She is going through lots of transitions now with a new baby sister in the house and mommy going back to work. It was just a little too hard for her to deal with all of that and the stress of getting pictures taken.

But we managed to get a couple of decent pictures right before the meltdown.




And few funny ones during/after the meltdown.



The photographer had us sit with the kids for one just to get them calmed down. Yuck. I wasn't planning to be photographed. But the kids do look cute.




And a couple of JD right before he takes off running.





Whew. I'm thinking to hold off on any more group grandkid pictures until the youngest is 8. Just a thought.

4 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I LOVE THEM! I think the cutest one for me is the second one! OR the one with you mommies in it...the kids look adorable!!

Heather said...

Cute pics! Poor Marin...

Dara said...

One of the main benefits of getting the cd of pics... got the fabulous cry pic! I am still amazed we got 2 that look pretty cute!

Lindsay said...

I think the pictures are fabulous all things considering. I am not sure I would have ventured to try the pictures with 2 toddlers but they did great. I even think Marin's crying pictures are cute. But I am kind of a sucker for crying pics b/c it really shows what is going on here. :) I think the kids did fabulous. JD does a great job and he is not even 2! Kimbo would not have been that good. I love the mommy pics also. You guys look so happy despite the stress of it all. Yeah to the photographer too, what a responsibility they had! I have I said Great job enough! Love them.