Monday, February 25, 2008

Odds and Ends

Well, we made it through another whirlwind weekend where most of us were sick around here in addition to all of the activities that we had planned.

I took JD to his first dr visit that wasn't a scheduled well-baby visit. I wanted to make sure that his cold wasn't going into an ear infection or something. So JD and I bundled up on Friday and went into our dr's office. The doctor commented on how cute JD looked in blue (I had to agree) even with his runny nose. Then the doctor checked me out to make sure I wasn't getting anything worse and then checked JD. No infections!! So it is just a waiting game to make sure that JD gets better.

On Friday night and Saturday morning, I was up at the church, decorating for our annual chili cookoff. We did a Firehouse theme, so it was practice for me for JD's future birthday parties. Saturday afternoon, we went to a 1st birthday for a friend of mine's son. JD enjoyed himself and toddled around and played.

On Sunday, it was a jam-packed day again for us with church, lunch with Jon's family, a baby shower at my mom's, the chili cookoff and then an Academy Awards party at one of my EDS friend's house. JD got to spend the night with Grandma for the first time!! I was a little nervous since he has been sick, but Grandma said he did just fine and slept through the night like a trooper!

I couldn't wait to see him this morning!! He was happy and playful. We went to Baby Boot Camp, for the first time in awhile, since we have both been sick. It was nice to get out and about again. Unfortunately, now Jon has the cold. No fun.

2 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

I hated to miss Lindsay's shower yesterday but I have had a cold since Friday afternoon and did not want to spread the germs. Hope Jon is using Ziacam--it sure helps me! And that you are all well soon.

Dara said...

Gotta love those whirlwind weekends! We have too many of those! I sure hope Jon wasn't sick for his birthday! Firehouse decos were great!