Friday, June 5, 2009

Tales of a Single Mom

This week, I was on my own while my sweet husband was at a training course in College Station. JD and I missed Daddy a bunch, but stayed pretty busy for most of the week. In fact, I was so busy and scatterbrained that I never seemed to have a camera with me to capture these moments!

We went up to visit Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Mercy on Tuesday and helped to sew a roman shade and cowgirl valance for Aunt Mercy's bedroom. We had a great time and were able to get the whole thing put together in 5 hours! Thank goodness JD took a good nap so we could concentrate on sewing! Afterward, we went to dinner with my mom at a yummy Thai food restaurant here in town and watched JD devour an entire plate of panko-crusted chicken.

On Wednesday, we hosted a baby shower playdate in honor of our Baby Boot Camp friend and instructor Tricia and her new baby boy on the way! The kids had so much fun playing on JD's new playset and I enjoyed visiting with all the moms!

On Wednesday afternoon, we took in some shopping at the Outlet Mall with my mom and then JD got to play at Grandma's house with his favorite bucket of cars while I went to a meeting a church. JD really didn't want to say goodbye when it was time to leave! He loves Grandma's house!

On Thursday, JD and I went to Dara's community pool to meet up with Emma and Ellie for some swim time! I borrowed some arm floaties for JD and he had so much fun! He kept jumping in the pool and swimming all around.

After the pool, we went up to the mall with Dara and the girls for some dinner and a ride on the carousel horse. JD remembered his last trip on the horse and started saying "Yee-haw!"

We had a fun-filled week, but we are so glad that Jon is back home today!! We missed him terribly and can't wait to spend the whole weekend together!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you survived and even had a fun, eventful week! It is hard when the hubby is gone! :)