Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our Day with Kenna

We had the opportunity to hang out with JD's cousin Kenna on Thursday for the day.


I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about taking care of a 4 month old and a 16 month old by myself for a whole day, but it actually went pretty well.

It seems that JD and Kenna's schedules coincided pretty well throughout the day. JD was so interested in "Baby" and wanted to show Kenna where her eyes were (JD - don't poke the baby's eyes out) and where her hair was (JD - don't pull Kenna's hair) and how to dance (JD - don't step on Kenna's head). We worked out a system where JD would sit by Kenna on her playmat, but not stand (much less dangerous that way).

I don't think Kenna has to worry about having a big brother because JD has it covered. He would share his toys (JD - Kenna doesn't know how to blow a train whistle yet) and show her how to play with her toys (JD - don't put Kenna's ball in your mouth). JD explained the finer points of the exersaucer and pointed out all of the features (JD - let Kenna play with the car now).




They watched the Wiggles, Baby Einstein and LazyTown together. Kenna thought the songs were great! We had her giggling and wiggling.

Naptime worked out great except I didn't really plan ahead on that one. I put the pack n play in my room since it is darker than the other rooms. Kenna fussed a bit about going to sleep in a strange place, but gave it up for a good 2 1/2 hours (same time as JD). The only problem was that since she was in my room, I couldn't get in my shower to get ready for the day! Oh well.

Overall, it was a fun day and I loved getting to hold a sweet baby girl who will actually fall asleep in my arms. She smiled and laughed and held up to JD's torments pretty well. I think they will have a lot of fun together in the coming years!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Love the pictures!! Thanks again for keeping her on such short notice. I know that they will be great friends!