Friday, August 1, 2008

Big Macs and Blessings

I took Jon this morning to get his eye re-Lasiked since he was having trouble seeing out of his left eye.

JD stayed with my mom, so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting into trouble at the doctor's office.

After a long wait, Jon went through the surgery in minutes and we were on our way back home. His only request was a McDonald's burger for lunch.

I am not a fan of Micky D's. I would rather eat at Wendy's or Chick-Fil-A any day. But my husband loves the Golden Arches. So we pulled through the drive through.

After we paid, the teenaged girl cashier wished us a "blessed day." Jon and I were both a bit surprised by this, but then we both commented on how nice that was. I would like to think that the teenager who said it has had God give her so many blessings in her life that she wanted to bestow some on others.

Anyway, it made me smile for the day! Maybe I will wish a stranger a blessed day in my next encounter.

1 comments:

Ouida said...

I'm sure glad the surgery went well and you felt blessed!