Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Done

I am done. I finished my Christmas shopping today. Hallelujah! It is getting worse and worse out there. Crazy drivers, bad weather, grabby people in the stores...not very much fun.

But I had a nice experience at one store today. I was waiting in line to checkout and several people came over to entertain JD and I as we were waiting. It was more for JD's benefit because people were sticking their tongues out and making silly faces and I don't really find that as funny as I used to. But JD thought it was hilarious!

On another note, JD has started full-fledged babbling. Lots of ba-ba's, ma-ma's, de, de, and other noises come out of his mouth, all the time. It is like he is holding his own conversations. I love it! We have progressed from screeching to babbling and it is so much cuter!

I can't wait for him to say Mama and really know what it means!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm impressed that you have finished shopping. I have two presents left to get (and Dan's and I don't have a clue on that one).

Can't wait to hear JD babble!

Dara said...

I am so happy for you! I am sure that must be an awesome feeling to be DONE! I am no where near done yet... well, maybe near considering how many gifts we buy total... but quite a few left. Oh well! At least I finally get my hubby back after tonight! Woo-hoo!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! That is a huge accomplishment, especially while having a little one in tow!!

Lindsay said...

Man, I wish I were there. I am ahead of most years, but still more to go. What a feeling to be done!