Thursday, October 25, 2007

Unfinished Business

I am in a constant state of unfinished-ness. I seem to start projects, but never quite get them finished. I can't decide if it is an attention span problem, lack of desire or just sheer laziness.

A few examples -
  • I've been married almost 5 years and still haven't finished my wedding album or my scrapbook
  • I finished my last big trip more than a year ago and haven't finished my travel photo album
  • My son is almost 7 months old and I still haven't finished the curtains for his room
  • I've lived in this house more than 2 years and still have paper blinds on most of the windows

The problem with each of these projects is that they require something to finish. Whether it is page inserts for the albums, my mom to help with the curtains or getting photos printed, there always seems to be some reason that I can't finish on my own.

Ironically enough, even this post has taken me a few times to get finished. My mom called, then JD started to cry and I needed to wash JD's bottles.

I am very deadline driven. If there is a date or time associated with finishing for a different reason, then I can push forward to get it done. If I have all the time in the world, it will just hang over my head.

I guess it is a good thing that JD creates a sense of urgency to get things done quickly. There is no procrastinating with a stinky diaper or hungry kid. He creates his own deadlines for me to follow!

0 comments: