Thursday, October 4, 2007

In the Army Now

I recently joined a class offered in Allen to help get back in shape. Pregnancy and motherhood sure did a number on my body. I made the comment early on after JD was born that I felt and looked like my body was a war zone.

So I joined the army to help fight in this war zone - Baby Boot Camp! This has been my first week of classes (twice a week). I get to bring JD with me in the fight against baby fat. He is pretty amused at my red, sweaty face and all the grunts that I make, doing exercises that I haven't done since high school (remember suicides??).

It is an hour of intensive circuit training with other moms and their babies. Even the instructor brings her 4 month old - although she doesn't look like she ever had a baby. I feel pretty good after the hour, sore and tired, but glad that I am working off the last bit of my baby weight.

If you are interested in reading more, it is a nationally sponsored program that was started by another mom. http://www.babybootcamp.com/

I'm determined to win the war!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! (I took a exercise boot camp glass a few years ago and it was tough!)

Dara said...

Go Mandy! Woo-hoo!

Heather said...

Can't wait to hear more about it...

Unknown said...

I need something like this!
And I need to stop eating junk food.
Dara told me about your blog so I stopped by! Hope you don't mind.

Supermom-In-Training said...

Glad you stopped by Becky! I read yours all the time!