Monday, March 30, 2009

All Work And No Play

I've been hard at work over the past week, which is why I haven't done much blogging!

My mom and I finished the living room cornice board to finish off the roman shades finally.


We started this project almost a year ago in the kitchen.



Along the way, my awesome renaissance husband made us a bench to store toys in, but also to function as extra seating in our living room. My mom made a cushion for the top so it is nice and comfy to sit on now.


I've also been working on a couple of birthday invitations! Here is JD's (who has a pirate theme) for his 2nd birthday.

And here is my niece Kenna's (who has a flowers and stitches 1st birthday theme).


They were both a labor of love from my heart, and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out!

This is a pretty big week for us since JD is turning two on Friday, and we are doing his birthday party for the family on Saturday!

Although I had a lot of projects, JD got plenty of playtime in as well. As you can see, he has pretty much outgrown his swingset! Maybe JD's birthday wish will be for a bigger playground set for his birthday!




He also earns his keep by keeping the patio tidy, "mopping" up (as he calls it). We start 'em young here at the Boyd House.

1 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I just realized that I always read your blog but couldn't remember if I ever comment! Well, here it is!

I can't believe he is almost 2! He's going to have so much fun with his pirate party! Happy Birthday JD!