Monday, January 19, 2009

Love of Food

I have never been shy about my love for food. I love tasty meals, both simple and complex.

I am so lucky because my husband LOVES to cook! Don't get me wrong, he likes to eat it as much as he likes to cook. But he actually enjoys putting a meal together from scratch.





I'm a recipe girl and always have been. I follow a recipe to the letter and usually it comes out pretty well.

I've mentioned before that Jon cooks with our brother in law Josh and our friend Jordan from time to time. And they have come up with some really great meals for us!!






A little project that they have been helping Jordan with is called Food Creates Community. It comes from the idea that local, seasonal ingredients can be used to create a delicious meal to bring together a group of people. They started this idea back in the fall and it turned out really well!

Jordan is about to do another round, featuring Italian food, just before Valentine's Day! If you are interested in participating or just reading more about the Food Creates Community concept, you can check it out here.
Now I'm hungry just thinking about it!

0 comments: