Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Time Change Recovery Day!

Don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about...who isn't feeling the effects of the lost hour on Sunday morning??

What a fun weekend! It started out with a good ol' fashioned girls sleepover with my sister-in-law Heather. Her husband was having a baby shower of sorts (the guy version) with his fire department and all the brothers on Friday night. Jon went, of course, as one of the brothers for the night. So she and I ordered up some Chinese food (neither of our husbands like to eat it) and we had lots of girl talk, while we played with JD. We had on a movie, but ended up chatting more than watching. Lots of fun! JD LOVES to play with his Aunt Heather, so he had a great time too.

On Saturday, my mom and I took JD to a baby shower and had fun watching JD flirt with all the ladies, flashing his cutest grin all over the place. On Saturday night, Jon and I went out to eat with JD and enjoyed catching up (since we hadn't seen each other in almost 24 hours).

We had a busy day on Sunday again, since we had Jon's family birthday lunch at our favorite lunch spot after church - Spring Creek Barbecue. Then we had to go over to set up for Heather's church baby shower, which I was helping to hostess. The shower was lots of fun since a lot of her family came into town and she had lots of gifts! But I never get tired of looking at cute baby girl clothes and pink stuff, so bring it on! And I don't think you can ever have enough pink when you have a baby girl.

Last night, we watched a funny British movie called "Hot Fuzz," which is a parody of police action movies. I'm not endorsing or anything, since it had plenty of silly gory parts and bad language, but it was kind of funny.

Back to "work" today, with Baby Boot Camp this morning and then working on curtains all afternoon. Someday, I will finish all of the curtains in my house, but I'm not holding my breath. We are getting close in the kitchen though. I will post pictures soon.

1 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Hey Amanda! I didn't realize that you have a blog!! I saw it on Jenny's right now!! It was so nice to see you at lunch today! I miss BBC! Hope to see you and JD sometime soon! Oh, by the way..Cole passed out the second I put him in the car! lol