Friday, November 12, 2010

Five Question Friday

Loved the questions this week!

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Since I have a VERY low threshold for pain, there are a bunch of things right on up there! Having a c-section is definitely not the most pleasant thing ever. And I remember when I was single and got the flu for 11 days, after a car accident, that was pretty miserable. I remember how much it hurt to even stand up in the shower or crawling down the stairs to get some food that my mom left on my doorstep. That was pretty lousy.

2. How much sleep do you get at night?
My baby girl has been sleeping through the night since 4 months, so she is definitely not the issue with sleep. My three year old son, on the other hand, gets up between 5 and 6:15 am EVERY single morning (bedtimes and naptimes have NO effect on this) and has for the past 8 months...just about the time my baby girl started sleeping through the night! So if I get to bed at a decent hour (before 10 pm), I can get an okay night of sleep (6-7 hours).

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?
He doesn't exist??? What??? Really, I found out when I was about 8 and we got our first frigid, freezing Christmas Eve after we got a pool. This was before pool heaters, so my poor dad and uncle stayed up all night chopping up ice in the pool to keep it from cracking. My mom was understandably preoccupied and didn't fill up our stockings, so when I came barreling out at the break of dawn and saw empty stockings and no new presents under the tree, I was crushed! I asked my mom if Santa came and she said, "Your dad has been busy saving the pool all night and hasn't had a chance to fill the stockings yet."

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Toy Story 3. We don't get out that much, especially without our kids.

5. What do you wear to bed?
Mostly very old, giant t-shirts from my sorority days. I can't believe we wore our t-shirts so big! In the winter, I throw on flannel pants with them. And I have some really cute pajamas that I wear when they are clean! I think of that as "dressing up" though.

0 comments: