Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Working Dinner

Last night, JD and I went to have dinner with some of my EDS girlfriends. JD soaked up all the female attention from his "aunties" and I enjoyed some much-needed adult conversation.


I am thankful that I am still in contact with these great ladies from EDS. I have learned from each of them over the years and have "grown up" in their presence. I am grateful that I can call on them to be there for me during the happy times and the sad times.


When asked if I am sad that I am no longer working or if I miss it, it is very easy for me to answer with a question "Would you leave this adorable little guy with anyone else if you had the chance to stay home with him every day?"


But the reality is, I do miss the daily relationships that you develop over the years.

But I'm lucky because I got to take the friendships with me.

0 comments: