Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Best Present of 2009

We welcomed the newest addition to our family yesterday - our beautiful daughter Margaret Sue!

Our story started on Friday morning when we drove to the hospital for our scheduled c-section. When we got there, they hooked us up to the monitors and found out that I was having regular contractions and had gone into labor! What a blessing to have everything work out this way!

They prepped me for surgery, while Jon got things organized in our room. Jon's parents stopped by to pray with us before we went into surgery - definitely a comfort!
The surgery went so well, much better than with my son - probably because I knew what to expect this time.




Meg was born at 8:06 am on Friday, December 18th, weighing 7 lbs 13 oz and measuring 20 1/4 inches long! Same weight as JD!


So many family members and friends stopped in to visit our sweet baby girl and are still visiting us!







The jury is still out as to who Meg resembles, but I think she is already Daddy's little girl!



JD LOVES his baby sister and couldn't hold her long enough yesterday. He kept asking for "10 more minutes" to hold her. It was such a precious moment to see JD meeting his sister for the first time and the awe of holding her in his arms. I love my two kiddos more than I ever thought possible.







I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present than the birth of this amazing little girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

she is beautiful. i am so happy for you.
what a lovely family, and a loving family, too- looking forward to seeing her in person!

Lynn Leaming said...

Praising God for His beautiful gift to you all!