Monday, July 28, 2008

Can I Eat the Sand?

We are now back in the 105 degree heat with no cool ocean breeze or waves crashing anymore. I think we all had a pretty good time and I loved watching JD enjoy the ocean for the first time.

He played in the waves until he got tired...





And then he played in the sand until I took him back to the house kicking and screaming.



I noticed that my little guy really enjoyed the taste of sand while we were there. He would actually take his snacks and rub them in the sand so he could eat more. Eww! I tried not to be too much of an over-protective mother, even though I drew the line at drinking wet sand from the bucket.




When it was really rainy from Hurricane Dolly, we took the kids into town to go to the Rainforest Cafe. They all liked the animals that moved around, although it was a bit shocking at first for the little ones.



JD was really into making this face for most of the trip. Not sure where it is coming from, but it made me laugh (and everyone else) everytime he did it.



JD had such a good time with his cousins! He played so hard that he passed out every night from sheer exhaustion.

And yes - my sister did cajole us into getting decked out for a family picture on the last night (see previous post) and yes, we did it kicking and screaming. But I think we are all very glad that we did it. Thanks, Dara, for talking us into it! We got some really nice pictures out of it!

JD and his Grandma and all of his cousins.

We watched the Wiggles this morning on tv and saw a scene on the beach and JD started saying bath, bath and pointed at the screen and looked at me - as if to say, can we go out to the waves today and eat some more sand??


I guess we will need to start planning our next beach vacation with the kiddos sooner rather than later!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!